First, let's start with Stauffer's matchup vs the Reds. Last start Stauffer went 4.2 IP vs the Giants at Petco and gave up 4 runs on 8 hits. Again, like many of the pitchers we've faced this year, there isn't much of a sample size of Stauffer vs the Reds. No one has more than 6 plate appearances vs him. You can see the stats here, and I'll talk about some tendencies here:
- BP is the only Reds player to have an RBI vs Stauffer and is 2-4.
- Votto and BP only players to have anything more than a single, both have doubles
- 2.54 ERA @ Petco Park.
- LHB .219 vs him with 55k in 37ip..3 homers.
- RHB .256 vs him with 53k in 45ip..8 homers. Obvious power advantage for RHB
Pick to Click: Stubbs
Now, onto Wood vs the Padres. Even a smaller sample size, but Venable does have a solo home run vs him. The stats are here.
- Wood has a start @Petco in his career and went 7 IP and gave up 3 runs.
- LHB bat .136 and has given up 2 hr in 19IP. 9 hits in 19IP
- RHB bat .240 and has given up 7 hr in 83 IP. 76 hits in 83IP
Pick to Click: Ludwick
Onto the stupid stuff:
-Check out Mike Leake's wart.
-Arizona State's new uniforms are sweet.
-GREAT article on Joey Votto from FanGraphs, a sweet website.
-Detroit reliever Brayan Villarreal pitched 0.1 of an inning without throwing a pitch, by coming in and picking off a runner at first.
-UC baseball defeats Xavier 6-5, just how it should be!
-Lowest crowd in Turner Field history for the Braves was last night, 13, 856.
-Devin Mesoraco hit a walk off home run in the second game of a double header for Louisville.
-Steve Blake has chicken pox. That's a new one for a professional athlete..not as bad as teammate Andrew Bynum's hyper-extended knee, though.
-Logan Ondrusek is now 7-0 in his career after last night's win.
-Brandon Phillips play was #8 in SC top 10.
Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @EricLilly7